How to Measure for Rail Pads
The easiest way to measure for rail pads is to start by drawing a simple diagram of the rails. Then remove any existing vinyl and padding, and write down these measurements:
· At ground level, measure from the ground to the bottom of the highest rail. (Fig. A)
· At ground level, measure left to right, from the inside to the inside of the farthest rails. (Fig. B)
· If there is a horizontal center rail, measure from the top of the center rail to the bottom of the top rail. (Fig. C)
· If there is a horizontal bottom rail, measure from the top of the bottom rail to the bottom of the center rail. (Fig. D)
· Measure from the ground to the bottom of the lowest rail (Fig. E) and/or from the ground to the bottom of the center rail (Fig. F).
· Measure the circumference around the top rail (Fig. G), and the circumference of the vertical and horizontal posts. (Fig. H)
· Provide the number (#) of vertical posts.
· Indicate whether the top rail corners are square or curved.
· Provide a digital photo, along with your measurements.
One thing to remember is that it is better to provide too much information than not enough.
SportsVenuePadding.com - "We've got you padded!"
Call us if you need us: 562-926-0835
The Leader in Indoor and Outdoor Protective Padding - Innovation, Quality, Safety and Functional Solutions
Michelle Robinson is Co-Founder and Senior Vice-President of Sports Venue Padding by Artistic Coverings, a diverse manufacturer of sports protective padding and landing mats, in addition to custom padding solutions, facility signage, and early childhood learning products. With over 40+ years of engineering experience, her team installs and maintains protective padding with and without digitally printed graphics for stadiums, indoor gymnasiums and arenas, fitness facilities, and children's exercise and play centers. SportsVenuePadding.com.